PINC is looking for start-ups with a high degree of innovation in three main impact areas:
Improve planetary health and diet within current food system, e.g.
- Next gen healthy foods
- Next gen plant-based
- Innovative ingredients
- Sustainable agriculture (selected)
Invent novel technologies (such as precision fermentation, cell culture, molecular farming) to feed 10 BN people by 2050, e.g.
- Alternative protein & fat
- Alternative cacao/coffee
- Alternative ingredients
Create a circular system for food & material, e.g.
- Upcycled ingredients
- Food from unused sources
- Bio-coating & reduced/new packaging
- Waste prevention tech
With regards to investing, we have the following criteria:
- Pre-seed & seed
- Scalable to 10-50+ MEUR in 5-10 years
- Focus on Nordics & Europe
- Mostly active investor, lead if strong strategic fit
- Strategic link to Paulig preferred
In addition, we look for entrepreneurs:
- In an attractive market space
- With a great solution to a problem/opportunity
- Who have a clear and scalable plan for success
- Who have a strong team and partners/takers
- Whom we can trust and work with as ”one team”
Beyond investing, we connect relevant start-ups to Paulig for potential collaborations.